Tuesday 19 November 2013

Buzzer at Cafe

Hi. We meet again. So in today's post, I would like to share about my experienced while travelling to Seoul South Korea. I love travelling so much and so far I travel to Singapore, Bangkok and South Korea 2 times already. While travelling at South Korea, I found something very interesting about their cafe. Each cafe at South Korea are very beautiful, unique, versatile, cozy and their services is the best. 

So today I would like to share something about " Buzzer " which maybe some of you already know what it is but as for me the buzzer is a bit new word for me. " Buzzer " or beeper is an audio signalling device, which may be mechanical, electromechanical or piezoelectric. Typical uses of buzzers and beepers include alarm devices, timers and confirmation of user input such as a mouse click or keystroke. Here we are, we already have a brief idea what buzzer is all about. So how buzzer can relate to cafe especially in Seoul?. Did you know that if you travel to Seoul almost all their cafes have buzzer. What does buzzer do in the cafe?

As we know buzzer also is like a beeper so this is because the owner of the cafe use buzzer in order to be alert with the customer's order. When I'm at Seoul, after I make any order about any drinks or food that I want, the cashier basically will give me a buzzer. At first I gave the cashier the "confused look" which I asked them what this "thing" going to do with me?. Then later the cashier explain to me that this "thing" is a buzzer. The cashier told me that after you make an order, we will give you a buzzer which you will hold it and wait until your order is ready to pick up at the counter. The buzzer will beep or some of them will beep and give lights which it tell us that our order are ready to pick up. It's kind of cool isn't it?. 

When I come back to Malaysia I'm thinking while not our country do like this too, no need to call out the waiter asking our order when to be ready and give buzzer to the customers. This is something new to me as this buzzer is one of the technology that Seoul used widely there and it's work for them. The buzzer that the cafe used normally sometime also located at the desk or table at the restaurant. So when the customers wants to make an order, just press the buzzer or the bell and give out the menu to the waiter that will come to our table. I hope that one day all the restaurants and cafe in Malaysia will have this kind of buzzer and bell in order to make our job easy. With the technology invention that the Seoul cafe used it, it just make their jobs become easier and they also can cut cost in term of workers. 

Here I attached some of pictures of the buzzer that I managed to take while I travelling Seoul during January 2013. 


This is one of the examples of buzzer at Hello Kitty Cafe at Hongdae, Seoul. As we can see here the shape of buzzer is kind of rectangle and it is decorated cutely with the design of Hello Kitty. Did you see the red light that showed number 15? That's mean I'm the customer number 15 at that cafe to be served but no worries because the service is good and it wont take too long to wait our order. Once my order are ready to pick up at the counter, the buzzer will beep and the light automatically will show. So once I picked up my order then this buzzer need to give back to the cashier at the pickup counter. 

The buzzer and the logo of the cafe.


This also one of the example of buzzer at Mouse Rabbit Coffee at Kyunghee University, Seoul. As we can see here, at this buzzer, it show number 11 which mean I'm the 11th customer that have to wait to get my order ready. Unlike above pictures, the number of the customer show through the light while this buzzer the number already printed at the logo at the buzzer. 

Amazing isn't is?. How I wish Malaysia also have service like this. So I hope that you enjoy reading my blog. See you for another posts. Have a nice day. 

Source : Wikipedia, 
Pictures credit to : Nadiah Kamarudin

No comments :

Post a Comment